Nate has been on a tear lately - I can't even really keep up with all the projects he's been doing around the house. He asks me if I'm nesting when I am organizing the baby's room, but I think he's the one feathering the nest!
Yesterday he installed a ceiling light in our living room using the same CableHider system from Lowes that he used for the light in the nursery. He discovered that there were four working wires in the old fixture in the center of the room, but we couldn't find any switches that connected to them. Maybe they had a pull chain? But Nate decided to ignore those wires and continue with the original CableHider plan, which involved drawing power from the outlet behind the couch.
Here he is adding the wire to the CableHider; and his work space on the floor below.
What a difference it makes to have a light on a switch, and a central light. I love it already. I also love that I got to nap on the couch while Nate worked around me and didn't make a peep. What a lovely, hardworking, and thoughtful husband I have.
This morning he fixed some of the CableHider covers and I got a shot of the finished product:
We just attached a light fixture that we had on hand, but I'll be on the lookout for something - I don't know, bigger? wider? - over the next few weeks. Probably that light fixture will end up living there forever, though.




No comments:
Post a Comment