Cora enjoyed her first Easter egg hunt on her own two legs this year -- I dyed some hard boiled eggs yellow with turmeric (was also going to do pink beet-dyed eggs, but alas there were no beets in Yabello today) and we staged a mini hunt for her in the front yard. There's a video that I'll get posted soon.
 |
| An empty basket ready for filling with her egg finds |
We also spent the morning on a walk on the outskirts of town, exploring the road to Konso that follows a pretty gorge into the hills.
Later in the day we had chai with Chatu and her kids. Cora and I wore the new dresses that Chatu brought back from a recent trip to Moyale. Cora's dress matches dresses that Chatu and her daughter Fardoza got, too. So cute!
 |
| In our new duds with Chatu's family |
 |
| Nate enjoys a Sunday off playing with Cora and Amini on their "balance beam" |
 |
| Time for chai |
I'm remembering
last year's Easter at our house in Ithaca with Skylar and Mandy. What a change of scenery we have this year!
4 comments:
We just returned from an Easter lunch in the nursing home with Grandpa H. He smiled big time when we told him we were heading your way on Tuesday and nodded when I told him I'd tell you 3 hello from him!
Love your new duds!
We just returned from Easter Brunch at Citrus...saw the Seher's and Ben and his three daughters.
As always...much love
How lucky you are to have such nice neighbors. I loved seeing my beautiful daughter and grand daughter. Love Nate's short hair also. Nice Easter with James. We also had old W. friends over for dinner.
Love, Mom
i really like her little dress! She looks adorable.
I'm really enjoying all your posts. Keep 'em coming, with love from Team California.
Post a Comment