Silas snoozed in the stroller the whole way. Cora walked with me and made up stories and games:
'Now you're the black fish and I poke you with my pole and you grab onto my fishing pole and I say "no, fish, that is my fishing pole! Let go!"'
'Now you're the sister and I'm the Eliza monster and I say Boo! And you run away.'
'Now let's race. 1, 2, 3... Go!'
'Now I am the mama and I am chasing the bear, and it's in there [in a puddle]. Look, now there are two bears! Eliza comes to carry one and I am Cora and I carry one in my hand. Now we take the bears to the zoo. Now I say, "bear you can't come, I have to go to work" [where do you work?] At the hotel. You are the sister and you sleep in the tent and I am the mama and I sleep in the bed. [Are we in New York City?] Yes, and uncle Jimjam will be there.'
[and so on...]
*this is my 400th blog post!*
*this is my 400th blog post!*

3 comments:
And we've treasured all 400 of them!
Eliza will be happy to know that Cora associates scary things with her! :) Does Cora have her backpack on in the past few pictures because she is on her way to daycare or because she just loves to wear it? Good job Silas with clapping and sitting up so well!
She just loves to wear that backpack. All. the. time. Indoors and out. Empty and full.
Also: Eliza features in many, many of Cora's games. She playacts that she is Eliza more than anyone else. Bears, monsters and eliza = the top three scariest / coolest things Cora knows
Post a Comment