Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Buttermilk baby

The weather has been a lovely fall mix, most of the time. On Thursday, Oct 4, Nate came home early from school to enjoy a particularly warm afternoon with us. We headed to one of our favorite baby-friendly spots, the upper trails of Buttermilk Falls State Park.


We had a picnic dinner in the sunshine, and then headed off to the trails.


As I mentioned on Facebook, the Buttermilk trails hold a special place in my heart. The lower gorge trail was the last of the daily hikes I did while pregnant, and I believe the work of making it up that trail (and all the sweet concern and well wishes from every middle-aged woman I met along the way) helped spur labor later that night. And when Cora was just a few weeks old, Nate and I took her for a walk on the upper trails for her first hike ever.

Despite the chill of the water, Cora insisted on taking a dip and exploring the rock and bug life of the river.


I'd say it's likely the last outdoor swim of the season, but who knows with our water baby. She could decide to do a polar plunge this winter.

3 comments:

RDJ said...

In Ethiopia?

Jen said...

Maybe in MN!

RDJ said...

I'll chip out the hole in the ice - for Mama & baby!