Yesterday was Nate's final interview for a job in Kenya. More on that later. For the purposes of this story, you just need to know that he has been preparing his presentation for a week, and the ordeal lasted 2.5 hours or so yesterday morning. He was exhausted. Came home early, fell asleep with Silas during his nap. Practically fell asleep at the dinner table last night.
Which somehow led to Cora and Nate hatching the idea that we'd pull a bedtime switcheroo (or "switcheroonie" as Cora called it)... the kids would put us to bed and then clean up the house and put themselves to bed. Everyone agreed this sounded like a fantastic idea.
We finished dinner at about 7pm, and the kids ran to put on their pj's. Then they brushed their own teeth and then brushed OUR teeth. Silas brushed mine and I discovered that he really has no idea what brushing teeth is about. Good to know.
Anyway, then we convened on the couch. Silas read us a library book, "Scared Stiff." Cora read us ... shoot, I can't remember which book. Then they tucked us into bed, turned off our light and turn on our fan, and told us a story and sang us each a song. G'night, us.
Then they came out to the living room and proceeded to clean up their toys as thoroughly as they have ever done. The room was spotless.
From there, they headed to the kitchen where they got out drawing supplies and made us each a card, which they delivered silently to us in our bed (Nate was actually sleeping, I was reading my Kindle).
I thought they went back to the kitchen from there, but when I got up at 8:45 to put them into bed, I didn't find them in the kitchen. I found them in their beds, in the dark, asleep.
1 comment:
That's because, when THEY get up a couple hours after bedtime, they don't find you in the kitchen. They find you in your beds, in the dark, asleep.
Post a Comment