Tuesday, April 10, 2012

21 weeks - the sniffles & a road trip

~* this is my 100th blog post!*~

Cora spent Sunday night giving us a new-parent workout... she caught a runny nose from Skylar, so she couldn't sleep. She also had a mild fever through the deepest part of the night. And what does a nearly-five-month-old do in the middle of the night if she can't sleep? Wail and flail, of course!

She slept fitfully from 7-10pm while Skylar, Mandy & I watched Hook. Then I spent 10pm-12:30am with her until Nate got home from the library (just in time for her to throw up ALL OVER him). After completely changing his clothes, he rocked and soothed her until 4am or so, when I took over again until I left for work at 9am. Teamwork.

On Monday morning, Nate & I looked haggard and exhausted, and Cora seemed to have fully recovered. She was chirpy and smiley as Mandy & Skylar packed up for their drive home to Vermont.

Beyond mild sickness, this week promises to be a special one for me & Cora. We are going on a work trip to Massachusetts together.

Here are Nate & Cora hanging out before our road trip this morning:

See you soon, Daddy!
 

No comments: