Friday, August 7, 2015

Happy 2nd Birthday, Silas!

When I was a kid, I felt bad for the kids who had summer birthdays. I thought they were really missing out by not getting to bring cupcakes to school. Well, it turns out that all those years I was really the one missing out. On birthday cakes and candles on the beach. On sharing birthdays with all my awesome cousins instead of mostly random classmates. As usual, my kids are teaching me new things about the world.

Happy awesome summer birthday, Silas!



This particular cake was made in our rental cabin at Everest Camp by Nate and a herd of cousins. It was a two-layer cake (!), and it was delicious AND beautiful. And participatory.

Counter-clockwise from left:
Nate, Cora, Hannah, Kali (obscured), Cole, Silas

As parents, we scored pretty big in the present category for this one. A mower for the mowing-mad Silas was an easy choice.
Silas' second cousin River (son of Alissa and Brooke, brother of Lienna)
admires the new machine from the background



No comments: