Our nearly-a-week-long trip to Vermont last week was fantastic, exhausting, and hopefully soon to be repeated. Silas, Cora, and I stayed over at Mandy and Skylar's apartment, which meant we were living on the horse farm, basically. Nate stayed home in Ithaca to work on his dissertation, poor guy.
My kids were so excited about everything--seeing family, riding horses, crawling-- that they abandoned all semblance of being the "good sleepers" I like to brag about. Cora couldn't lie still long enough to fall asleep and kept sneaking out of her now-retired tent during every nap and night time. She never fell asleep before 9pm on any night we were there.
 |
| Visiting Allenholm Farm with Gigi |
But it was worth it to see Silas and Cora dig on Vermont and the extended family in the same way I remember feeling as a kid.
 |
| Cora and Abigail "napping" together |
 |
| We love hanging with Carrie's kids |
 |
I had a captive audience for "Twinkle Star". Addison (at left) wasn't impressed. |
 |
| Singing along! |
This place is REAL? I can run around like a hooligan with kids and
animals all day, and the parents will just shove food at me
occasionally? I have a million extended cousins that I don't even know how they are (or aren't really) related to me and it doesn't matter at all because we just love each other to bits? I can call every adult that I encounter "aunt" or "uncle" and they will love it? I can swim and climb and get muddy and roll around in the grass and ride bikes and play games and just keep going until I drop? Cool.
 |
| Auntie Gwen gave Silas his first water out of a cup to drink after a donut treat |
 |
| Nothing can really top this moment for Miss Cora |
 |
| Honey the horse is a hit |
 |
| File this shot in "future embarrassing photos" folder |
 |
| We witnessed Skylar's first T-ball scrimmage -- he batted first! |
 |
| Carson continues to be a favorite of my kids. |
No comments:
Post a Comment