Friday, May 3, 2013

Faranji first, Ethiopia updates later...

Hello, strangers. I've been unable to write for over a week due to packing and leaving Yabello, getting sick, traveling for three days to Addis, and spending the day yesterday recovering from it all and taking care of some Faranji-related business.

We are in Addis for the last time now. We fly out on Monday night on our halfway-round-the-world journey to Maui for my brother's wedding.

Yesterday the 3.5 of us went to an imaging center in Addis to get an ultrasound of Faranji. Here's a 10-second video that shows Baby's foot, arm, and head pretty well.


We also found out that Faranji is a BOY!!!! It was pretty obvious during the ultrasound but I'll admit that I quietly asked the ultrasound technician, "it's a boy, right?" when Nate was chasing Cora around in the waiting room. Sure 'nough. Nate had been adamant that he didn't want to know, so I wasn't going to tell him unless he asked. He didn't ask until about 4 hours later that evening and he couldn't believe that I'd been so quiet about it even that long.

Anyway, there's lots more to tell about the wrapping up of our lives in Ethiopia, but as I enter this third trimester I am so so tired. And being sick hasn't helped. So I'm off to take a nap while I can, and I'll update with photos and stories more this weekend.

4 comments:

RDJ said...

Eliza eagerly waited for this morning to re-enact our Skype session for Dave who worked late last night. Eliza played parts of both Jen & Nate as Erin & Kathy "skyped" with them, and she talked about having the ultrasound and Faranji being healthy, and then Erin asked "Jen" if she found out if Faranji was a boy or a girl, and she yelled out "He's a boy!" and Dave was totally surprised! It's a great skit. :-)

Nate&Jen said...

That is too precious!!! Thanks, Eliza

mom said...

Oh so excited about a boy!!! Cora will have another baby now. That will be interesting. Safe and relaxing travels. Love M&D. See Wed.

kristen said...

Congrats.....cant wait to see all of you at the end of the month!!!! Let me know exact dates that you will be in Vermont....