Monday, September 24, 2012

Blogiversary & 45 weeks

We're alive! And so is this blog... even though I let it slide for the past few weeks. School started for Nate, my job is revving up, and once I got a few blog posts behind schedule, I started feeling overwhelmed and guilty about not posting. So I kept not posting.

Eating a dandelion flower.
But this blog is not supposed to be a source a "have to" for me, only "want to". And I do want to keep it up, so I'm dropping my guilty feelings and forging ahead. I have a lot to document, but some of it will get brief treatment in an effort to just do it.

OK! So the two most important things to report:

1. Cora is SO AWESOME. She is rocking her infant-toddler self, she is a mighty little woman, she is a force to be reckoned with. She is all smiles and pointing fingers and getting involved. Eating big people food (swiss chard and ~ lentils ~ and corn on the cob with her own wee hands) and using big people words (first non-parental word = "hot" on Saturday, Sept. 22) and telling us what she wants with baby sign language (more! all done! time to eat!). Climbing on everything she can reach, standing and picking up things, crawling and falling and keeping on. Chasing cats. Requesting specific books and turning the pages for us. Understanding and responding to our words (sit down, shoes, peek-a-boo).

2. This blog is a year old as of last week. Remember the first post? And the old format? I wonder if this blog will be around for Cora to see in the future - will Google own the world by then?

2 comments:

RDJ said...

Google won't, but Cora might! This blog had better be around ... it is such a great testament to parental Love. It enriches our lives daily (when you don't post, we reread old posts), and even as an adult Cora will be able to reach back, deep down, and see how much she was loved ... and how much love she gave!

Jen said...

I love the idea of Cora ruling the world. We would all eat so much yogurt and play in the yard all day long.