Monday, November 28, 2011

2 weeks

Our little girl is packing on the pounds! She weighed in at 8 lbs 5 oz today at the pediatrician's office, up more than a whole pound from her last visit just over a week ago. Way to go, chubby cheeks.

She is getting better at holding our fingers (and hair) with her little hands. Her eyes have gotten pretty goopy due to blocked tear ducts, but the doc says that should clear itself up on its own... within six months.

One of my favorite Cora moves this week: after nursing, she briefly goes into her milk coma, dribbling milk down her chin and pursing her lips. Then she stretches both arms up with closed fists over her head and stretches her whole body until she just goes limp on the boppy pillow on my lap. After that, I usually burp her, and she snuggles right up in a lump under my chin with her feet tucked up and her hands under her own chin. Love.

Nate's "maternal" instincts have apparently kicked in... the other night, he awoke out of a very deep sleep when I (lovingly) nudged him to ask if he'd get Cora out of the bassinet so I could feed her. Without opening his eyes, he angled his arm as if there was a baby there and said "she's right here". "What?" I asked. "I'm nursing her," he answered. He fully woke up out of his dream because I started laughing so hard. If only we really could share the nursing duties.

No comments: